God makes it very clear that the reason for our existence is to worship Him, “And I did not create the jinn (spirit world) and mankind except to worship Me.” The concept of worship in the Islamic tradition is profound. Worship entails that we must know, love and obey God, as well as single out and dedicate all acts of worship to Him alone. Since our reason for being is to worship the Divine, it is important to understand why we must dedicate all acts of worship to Him alone. In this lecture Hamza provides 7 reasons for why we must worship God and dedicate all acts of worship to Him alone. These reasons include:
- God is worthy of worship by virtue of who He is.
- God has created and sustains everything.
- God provides us with innumerable favours.
- If we love ourselves, we must love God.
- God is The-Loving, and His love is the purest form of love.
- Worship is part of who we are.
- Obeying God is the most rational thing to do.
To learn more about this topic please read Hamza’s essay, “7 Reasons Why God is Worthy of Worship“.
 The Qur’an, Chapter 51, Verse 56.